Managing Director, OnRamp Fellowship
Jennifer Winslow began her legal career nearly 12 years ago as an associate at Morrison & Foerster. After practicing for six years, she refocused her career on attorney and law student recruitment and development, as well as diversity initiatives for the legal profession.
As a Managing Director for Major, Lindsey & Africa, Jennifer counseled lateral attorney candidates on their job searches and collaborated with law firms seeking to fill specialized roles. In the University of Colorado Law School’s Career Development Office, she managed the on-campus interview and judicial clerkship programs. While serving as the school’s representative to the Colorado Pledge to Diversity Committee, she worked with leaders of the state’s efforts to increase the number of underrepresented attorneys within the profession. Jennifer left Colorado Law in 2013 to found JLW Legal Consulting and soon after joined Caren Ulrich Stacy in launching the OnRamp Fellowship.
Passionate about helping attorneys find satisfaction in their careers, Jennifer has counseled more than more than 500 law students and attorneys on job search strategy, application materials, interview techniques, and being proactive in managing their careers.
- NALP Bulletin, “The No-Offer: 5 Steps to Avoiding a Bad Outcome – Or Ensuring the Best Version of the Worst” (May 2013)
- Amicus: University of Colorado Law School, “Building a Robust Legal Community: The Colorado Pledge to Diversity Legal Group and Dean’s Diversity Council” (Fall 2012)
- Amicus: University of Colorado Law School, “What it Takes to Be Marketable: Recent Graduates Comment” (Spring 2012)
- Co-author, California Lawyer, “Ask the Expert: A Call to Service” (October 2009)
Memberships & Professional Development Activities
- National Association for Law Placement, Member, 2011-2014
- Denver Area Legal Recruitment Association, Secretary, 2012-2013; Member, 2011-2013
- American Bar Association, Member, 2011-present
- California Bar, admitted December 2002 (inactive status)